Wirless Connectivity Related Links
VPN Related Related Links
Third Party Firmare Related Links
Network Tools Link
- Network Protocol Analyzer
- Wireshark has a rich feature set which includes the following:
Live capture and offline analysis are supported
Standard three-pane packet browser
Multi-platform: Runs on Windows, Linux, OS X, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and many others
Captured network data can be browsed via a GUI, or via the TTY-mode TShark utility
The most powerful display filters in the industry
Rich VoIP analysis
Read/write many different capture file formats: tcpdump (libpcap), Catapult DCT2000, Cisco Secure IDS iplog, Microsoft Network Monitor, NAI Sniffer (compressed and uncompressed), Sniffer Pro, and NetXray, Network Instruments Observer, Novell LANalyzer, RADCOM WAN/LAN Analyzer, Shomiti/Finisar Surveyor, Tektronix K12xx, Visual Networks Visual UpTime, WildPackets EtherPeek/TokenPeek/AiroPeek, and many others
Capture files compressed with gzip can be decompressed on the fly
Live data can be read from Ethernet, IEEE 802.11, PPP/HDLC, ATM, Bluetooth, USB, Token Ring, Frame Relay, FDDI, and others (depending on your platfrom)
Decryption support for many protocols, including IPsec, ISAKMP, Kerberos, SSL/TLS, WEP, and WPA/WPA2
Hundreds of protocols are supported, with more being added all the time
Coloring rules can be applied to the packet list, which eases analysis
Output can be exported to XML, PostScript, CSV, or plain text
- IXIA's Qcheck (FREE)
- What's good-looking, powerful, improves your quality of life and is FREE? Qcheck, the network troubleshooting utility from Ixia, quickly checks network response time, throughput, and streaming performance. It even runs anywhere-to-anywhere traceroute!
Install Qcheck on the computer youll use to run the Qcheck console. Qcheck runs on any computer running Windows 2000, NT or XP. Install QCheck on the computer you'll use to run the Qcheck console. Qcheck runs on any computer running Windows 2000, NT or XP
Install an Ixia Performance Endpoint (or Qcheck itself, which has the endpoint built in) on any other computers. You can download Performance Endpoint software free from Ixia!
Qcheck is built using IxChariot technology. IxChariot is a powerful network assessment tool which is used to test networks and Wireless Devices. The following chart compares the benefits of IxChariot and Qcheck over Ping.
- inSSIDer is an award-winning free Wi-Fi network scanner for Windows Vista and Windows XP. Because NetStumbler doesn't work well with Vista and 64-bit XP, we built an open-source Wi-Fi network scanner designed for the current generation of Windows operating systems.
- What's Unique about inSSIDer?
Use Windows Vista and Windows XP 64-bit.
Uses the Native Wi-Fi API.
Group by Mac Address, SSID, Channel, RSSI and "Time Last Seen."
Compatible with most GPS devices (NMEA v2.3 and higher).
- How can inSSIDer help me?
Inspect your WLAN and surrounding networks to troubleshoot competing access points.
Track the strength of received signal in dBm over time.
Filter access points in an easy to use format.
Highlight access points for areas with high Wi-Fi concentration.
Export Wi-Fi and GPS data to a KML file to view in Google Earth.
- MTU Tweak